Nikon F401X 35mm film SLR
Nikon F401X 35mm film SLR
Sale Sold out
Regular price $106.00 CAD
Regular priceUnit price per
Includes AF Nikkor 35-70mm lens.
This Nikon F401X is an advanced but easy-to-use 35mm film SLR offering autofocus, auto-exposure (program, aperture-priority, or shutter-priority), Nikon's famed matrix metering, and a built-in flash with TTL exposure. The included lens is the versatile AF Nikkor 35-70mm f3.3-4.5. This lens can also be used on modern Nikon digital SLRs. The camera uses 4 ordinary AA batteries for power (not included).
Both the camera and included lens are in very good functional and aesthetic condition. All modes of the camera were tested with a battery and film installed (the film was not developed) and everything works correctly.
- Type of camera: Integral-motor autofocus 35mm single-lens reflex (SLR) with built-in TTL flash
- Picture format: 24 x 36mm [standard 35mm (135) film format)
- Lens mount: Nikon bayonet mount
- Lenses: AF Nikkor lenses (except AF-Nikkor 80mm f/2.8, ED 200mm f/3.5 IF, and autofocus converter TC-16/TC-16A), and non-AF Nikkor lenses (with limitation*) available
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level pentaprism type; 0.8x magnification with 50mm lens set at infinity; 92% frame coverage with Eyepiece cover: Model DK-5 prevents stray light from entering viewfinder
- Autofocus actuation method: Single servo
- Focus modes: Autofocus, and manual focus with focusing confirmation
- Autofocus modes: Single-Servo AF and Continuous-Servo AF Continuous-Servo is possible in ADVANCED mode only
- Autofocus detection system: TTL phase detection system using Nikon Advanced AM200 sensor module
- Autofocus detection range: Approx. EV -1 to 19 (at ISO 100)
- Auto Exposure lock: Available via pressing the AE-L button while the meter is on (Centre-Weighted Metering selected when the AEL button is pressed)
- Focusing Screen: Nikon BriteView screen with central focus brackets for autofocus operation
- Focus tracking: Automatically activated with a moving subject: works as long as subject moves towards or away from the camera at a constant speed
- Focus Confirmation: Available in manual focus mode with an AF Nikkor, mountable Nikkor and Series E lens with a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster
- Exposure Modes: Programmed auto, Shutter-Priority auto, Aperture-Priority auto and Manual exposure modes
- Programmed Auto exposure control: Nikon Auto Multi-Program; both shutter speed and aperture are set automatically
- Shutter-Priority Auto exposure control: Aperture automatically selected to match manually set shutter speed Aperture-Priority
- Auto exposure control: Shutter speed automatically selected to match manually set aperture.
- Manual exposure control: Both aperture and shutter speed are set manually
- Auto exposure lock: Available by pressing the AE-L button while the exposure meter is on
- Viewfinder information: Green focus indicator LED for focusing, red extire indicator LED shows over- and underexposure warning, and correct exposure; red flash ready-light for flash photography
- Metering range: EV 0 to EV 19 at ISO 100 with f/1.4 lens
- Exposure Metering: Matrix Metering (for ensuring correct automatic operation in Programmed, Shutter-Priority and Aperture-Priority auto exposure modes); Centre-Weighted Metering (for Manual exposure mode or when using the AE-L button in auto exposure mode); metering activated by lightly pressing shutter release button: stays on for approx. 8 sec. after lifting finger from button Film speed range and setting: ISO 25 to 5000 for DX-coded film. Automatically set by DX-coded film (ISO 100 is automatically set for all non-DX-coded films)
- Shutter: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speeds: 1/2000 to 30 sec. on Programmed and Aperture-Priority auto exposure modes; 1/2000 to 1 sec. on Shutter-Priority auto and Manual exposure modes: T setting for long time exposure provided
- Shutter Release: Electromagnetic
- Automatic film advance: Film automatically advances to frame one when shutter release button is depressed once; film advance indicator rotates to show that film is loaded and being advanced properly. Film automatically advances one frame at approx. 0.4 sec. when shutter is released; film advance stops automatically at end of film roll.
- Frame counter: Accumulative type; automatically reset when camera back is opened
- Film rewind: Automatically rewound by built-in motor
- Self timer: Electronically controlled; approx.10 sec. exposure delay; blinking LED indicates self-timer operation; two-shot self-timer is possible; cancellable
- Reflex mirror: Automatic, instant-return type
- Camera back: film cartridge confirmation window and film advance indicator
- Accessory shoe: Standard ISO-type with hot-shoe contact, ready-light contact, TTL flash contact, monitor contact
- Built-in TTL flash: Guide number: 12 (Metres, at ISO 100 and 20°C); Angle of coverage: 28mm lens or longer lens with some limitations.
- Automatic Balanced Fill-Flash: Matrix Balanced Fill-Flash is possible in auto exposure modes; Centre-Weighted Fill-Flash is possible in Manual exposure mode
- Flash synchronization: In Programmed auto or Aperture-Priority auto, shutter operates 1/125 to 1/60 sec. (or 1/[focal length] sec. with lens focal length less than 60mm); in Shutter-Priority auto or Manual exposure mode, automatically set to 1/125 sec. when shutter is manually set at 1/125 sec. or faster; if shutter is manually set at 1/125 sec. or slower, shutter fires as set
- Flash ready-light: Flash ready-light blinks when flash is recommended (scene darker than EV 10 at ISO 100, or a scene with brightness of EV 10 or higher at ISO 100 where the centre portion is darker than other areas by more than EV 2) and lights up when built-in TTL flash or accessory Nikon Speedlight is ready to fire.
- Autofocus flash photography: Possible only with Nikon Autofocus Speedlight SB-24, SB-23, SB-22 or SB-20 or any other dedicated flash units
- Batteries: Four AA-type batteries
- Body finish: Silver and Black available
- Dimensions (W x H x D): F-401x: 154 X 102 X 65mm F-401x Quartz Date: 154 X 102 X 67mm
- Weight (body only): F-401x: Approx. 647g F-401x Quartz Date: 654g