Canon T80 35mm Film SLR
Canon T80 35mm Film SLR
Includes Canon AC 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 auto focus lens.
The Canon T80 is an historic camera in the company's history. First sold in 1985, this is the first Canon SLR with truly usable auto-focus. And though it is a tad slower to focus than modern cameras, we found it the focusing very accurate in our tests. The auto-focus capability requires the use of a Canon AC type lens (like the included 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5) but the camera can also use any standard manual focus Canon FD lens as well.
The T80 is a very easy camera to use, it offers the following exposure modes: Program (the best for versatile general photography); deep depth-of-field program; shallow depth-of-field program, and stop-action (prioritizes higher shutter speeds). And finally there is a “flowing mode,” which functions a simple shutter priority with four shutter speeds to choose from for photographing moving subjects. The camera requires four ordinary AA batteries for power (now included).
Canon Museum entry
If you choose '+ film', a 24-exposure roll of Fujicolor 200 film will be included.
The camera and lens are in very good aesthetic and functional condition. The camera includes a Canon half-case.
- Type: 35mm focal-plane shutter AF SLR camera with built-in winder and multi-mode AE
- Picture Size: 24 x 36 mm
- Normal Lens: FD 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5, others
- Lens Mount: FD mount (with AC signal transmission capability)
- AF System: CCD for TTL focus detection with dedicated AC lenses. One Shot AF and continuous AF modes provided. AF locks during continuous shooting. AF detection range at ISO 100 and f/1.8: EV 4 – 18.
- Shutter: Vertical-travel, focal-plane electronic shutter. With multi-program AE and preset aperture AE: 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000 sec. For manual: B and 1/60 sec. X-sync at 1/90 sec. (hot shoe). Built-in electronic self-timer (with beeper and LCD to indicate countdown).
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level pentaprism. 0.83x magnification, 92% vertical coverage, 93% horizontal coverage. Laser Matte with cross split prism rangefinder.
- Viewfinder Information: Four LEDs and mask illumination. Correct exposure, In program mode: Correct exposure, camera-shake warning, manual, and warnings.
- Metering & Exposure Control: SPC for TTL full-aperture metering (centerweighted averaging) with multi-program AE and TTL preset aperture AE. Picture-taking mode selected with pictograph on external LCD. Exposure compensation range of 1.5 EV. Metering range at ISO 100 and f/1.4: EV 1 – 19. Film speed range from ISO 12 to 1600.
- External LCD: Program display, pictographs, film speed, film transport, battery check, frame counter, and other indications.
- Power Source: Four 1.5 V size-AAA batteries
- Film Loading & Advance: After aligning film leader at mark, close camera back for auto loading. Auto film advance with built-in motor. Continuous shooting at 0.7 fps.
- Film Rewind: Power rewind with built-in motor.
- Dimensions & Weight: 141 x 102 x 55 mm, 555 g