Canon T50 camera + Speedlite flash
Canon T50 camera + Speedlite flash
The Canon T50 is a wonderfully minimalist FD mount SLR from the early 1980s. It's a lovely camera that's really fun to use. It comes complete with a nice sharp Canon 50mm F1.8 FD lens and the Canon 244T Speedlite (which is specially designed for this camera and offers fully automatic flash exposure). It's a perfect SLR for someone who prefers simplicity and a clean design over the usual everything-but-the-kitchen-sink feature list from Canon. Except for focusing and the film speed setting dial, it is completely automatic. In other words, it's designed for right-brain photography.
The camera requires two normal AA batteries (not included) for power and the flash also uses two AA batteries (not included).
If you choose '+ film', a 24-exposure Fujicolor 200 roll of film will be included.
The camera, lens, and flash are in very good condition (see photos).
- Type: 35 mm SLR (Single-Lens Reflex) camera with electronically-controlled programmed AE (Automatic Exposure). *Exposure Modes: Programmed AE and programmed AE flash photography with Canon Speedlite 244T
- Format: 24 x 36 mm.
- Usable Lenses: Canon FD series lenses only.
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level pentaprism.
- Field of View: 92% vertical and 93% horizontal coverage of the actual picture area. Magnification: 0 83X at infinity with a standard lens.
- Viewfinder Information: Information is displayed by way of LED digital display positioned to the right of viewing area
- (P): Programmed AE indicator. 2 Hz flashing indicates camera shake warning; 8 Hz flashing indicates underexposure warning.
- (M): Manual aperture setting. 4 Hz flashing indicates exposure may be incorrect.
- (~): Flash charge-completion display.
- AE Mechanism: Electronically-controlled programmed
- AE Light Metering System: TTL (Through-The-Lens), Center-weighted average by SPC (Silicon Photocell). Stopped-down metering is impossible and Non-FD lenses and close-up system accessories without AE signal pins cannot be used
- Meter Coupling Range: EV 1 to EV 18 with ISO 100/21°, ASA 100 film.
- Film Speed Scale: ISO 25/15°, ASA 25-ISO 1600/33°, ASA 1600.
- Shutter: Vertical travel focal-plane, electromagnetic attraction shutter. Electronically controlled.
- Shutter Speed: Automatically controlled from 2 sec to 1/1000 sec at "A." 1/60 sec when disengaged from "A."
- Mirror: Instant-return, with shock and noise absorber.
- Self-timer: Electronically controlled. Ten-second time lag activated by pressing shutter button. Beep sounds to indicate operation; sound frequency increases two secs before shutter release.
- Selector Dial: Four positions: "SELF," "PROGRAM," "L," and "B.C." At "L" all active circuits are cut off as a safety feature.
- Shutter Button: Two-step, electromagnetic shutter button Pressing it halfway activates the indicators Pressing it all the way sets shutter in operation.
- Flash Synchronization: X-sync at 1/60 sec. Direct contact at accessory shoe for hot-shoe type flash. When used with Canon "A" series Speedlites, 533G, or 577G, shutter speed is automatically set and aperture is also automatically set to the aperture value of the flash when the pilot lamp glows.
Canon 244T Speedlite spec
- Type: Energy-saving flash with series control circuit. 3-aperture selection switch is set automatically.
- Guide Number: 16 (ISO 100 m) or 26 (ISO 25 ft.) At full charge, i.e. 30 secs after pilot lamp glows, with new batteries.
- Flash Coverage Angle: Covers a 35mm lens on the 35mm format.
- Recycling Time: 0.5—9 secs with new alkaline-manganese batteries: 0.5—6 secs with fully-charged Ni-Cd batteries.
- Number of Flashes: Max. flash output, 30 sec firing intervals: 150 flashes with new alkaline- manganese batteries, 70 flashes with fully-charged Ni-Cd batteries.
- Min. flash output, 10 sec firing intervals: 1300 flashes with new alkaline-manganese batteries. 600 flashes with fully-charged Ni-Cd batteries.
- Color Temperature: Same as daylight.
- Automatic Flash Aperture: The flash automatically sets the aperture to f/2.8, f/4. or f/5.6 at the first stroke of the shutter button.
- Auto Shooting Distance Range: ISO 100: 0.5—5.7m (1.6—18.7 ft.); ISO 400: 1—11.4m (33—37.4 ft.).
- Outside of Auto Shooting Distance Range: If subject is too far, T50's and T80s "P" mark or the T70 lens' full aperture value blinks rapidly at first stroke of shutter button.
- Film Speed Setting: ISO film speed indication. ASA 100 and 400. (No ISO indication on unit.)
- Power Source: Two penlight (AA) alkaline-manganese (LR6. AM-3) or Ni Cd batteries.
- Dimensions: 63 (W) x86 (H) x 41.5 (L) mm (2-1/2" x 3-3/8" x 1-5/8")
- Weight: 140 g (4-15/16 oz.) without batteries.