Canon Sure Shot Zoom S 35mm camera
Canon Sure Shot Zoom S 35mm camera
The Canon Sure Shot Zoom S is a quality 35mm point and shoot from the late 1980s. The camera requires a 2CR5 lithium battery (optional). The original case is included.
Here's the description from the Canon Museum:
The AF system uses the 3-point Smart Autofocus with a near-infrared beam. It enables focus to be achieved even with a subject near the edge of the picture area.
The 38-60mm f/3.8-5.6 zoom lens has 6 elements in 6 groups and power zooming. The full auto program mode uses 3-zone metering with a composite SPC.
All camera features were tested with a battery and film installed (the film was not developed) and it working great. The aesthetic condition of the camera is also very good (see photos). The included original case is in good condition except for worn out velcro on its front pouch (see photo).
Here are some photos taken by other people with this model of camera (please note that the one for sale does not offer the date imprinting feature): https://www.lomography.com/cameras/3350990-canon-sure-shot-caption-zoom/photos
- Type: 35mm lens-shutter camera with autofocus and built-in power zoom lens
- Lens: Spectra-coated, 38-60mm f/3.8-5.6
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 6 groups
- Viewfinder: Real-image zoom; gives 84% coverage of actual picture area and 0.4 x (WIDE)/ 0.64 x (TELE) magnification
- Viewfinder Information: Focus mark and picture frame with parallax correction marks Next to viewfinder: Green LED lights steadily on evaluative AF completion, blinks at 4 Hz when the subject is too close and blinks at* 16 Hz on flash charge completion or on normal AF completion
- Shutter: Programmed shutter; also serves as diaphragm.
- AF Control: Evaluative Active System
- Focusing Range: 2 ft (60cm)-infinity
- AE Control: 3-zone metering, programmed system
- Metering Range: (at ISO 100)
- Auto/Flash-on mode: WIDE: EV 9.25-17/TELE: EV 11-18.5
- Non-flash mode: WiDE: EV 2.85-17/TELE: EV 4-18.5
- Exposure Compensation: Automatic when required by +2 steps.
- Film Handling
- Film Speed Setting: ISO 50-3200; automatically set in one-step increments according to DX code.
- Film Loading/Wind/Rewind: Automatic. Mid-roll rewind posible.
- Guide Number (at ISO 100): 36 ft/11 m
- Recycling Time: Approx. 2.5 sec.
- Flash Coupling Range (at ISO 100): Wide: 2-14.4 ft (0.6-4.4 m); Tele: 2-9.8 ft (0.6-3.0 m)
- Flash Firing: Automatic when required or at user selection
- Self-Timer: Provided with a 10-sec. delay Power Source
- Battery: One, 6V lithium battery (2CR5)
- Shooting Capacity: 35 rolls of 24-exp. film with 50% flash use
- Caption Imprint:
- (Sure Shot Caption Zoom): Five captions available Date Imprint: (Sure Shot Caption Zoom): Four formats available with automatic calendar and clock
- Date and Caption Imprint Function:Powered by body battery
- Remote Control: (Sure Shot Capfion Zoom): Detachable controller with two-sec. delay shutter release.
- Operating range: approx. 16.4 ft/5.0 m from directly in front, approx. 1.4 ft/3.5 m at 25°. Power source: Two3V lithium batteries (CR 1220); Battery life: about 20,000 transmissions. Replacement is at owner’s expense at an authorized Canon service facility.
- Size: Sure Shot Zoom S: 5-9/16"(W) x 3'(H) x 2-3/16*(D) (141 x 76.8 x 55.9mm)
- Sure Shot Caption Zoom: 5-13/16’(W)x 3'(H) x 2-3/16-(D) (147.9 x 76.8 x 55.9mm)
- Weight: Sure Shot Zoom S: 13.6 oz. (385 g) without battery 15 oz. (425 g) with battery
- Sure Shot Caption Zoom: 13.9 oz. (395 g) without battery 15.4 oz. (435 g) with battery