Canon Sure Shot Z115 35mm film camera
Canon Sure Shot Z115 35mm film camera
This outstanding 35mm point and shoot is part of the Canon Sure Shot/Autoboy series. Here's the description from the Canon Museum:
"Top-of-the-line autofocus zoom compact camera. It has a luxury feel with an aluminum front cover. The exterior sports a two-tone color.
The lens has 10 elements in 9 groups. Two lens surfaces are aspherical so that the 38-115mm f/3.6-8.5 lens can obtain high image quality. A top shutter speed of 1/1200 is also provided. Real-time release helps you capture that decisive moment. The Best Shot Dial on the camera back is for setting the picture-taking mode best suited for the particular subject. With such high-end features, this camera is quite unlike conventional zoom compacts."
This camera requires two CR123 (optional).
All camera features were tested with a battery and film installed (the film was not developed) and it is working great. We confirmed the camera's film plane focus accuracy with an autocollimator; we could see that the lens' resolving power was superb for a zoom point-and-shoot. The aesthetic condition of the camera is also very good (see photos) with minor body wear.
Here are some pictures other people have taken with the Sure Shot Z115: https://www.lomography.com/cameras/3346924-canon-z115/photos
Canon Museum entry
- Type: Fully automatic 35mm autofocus Lens-Shutter camera with built-in zoom lens and flash
- Picture Size: 24×36 mm, panorama (13x36mm) enabled (Japanese version only)
- AF System: 3-point Smart Autofocus with near-infrared beam. Prefocus enabled. One focusing point (at center). 0.6 m to infinity. Macro from 0.4 m to infinity.
- Lens: 38-115mm f/3.6-8.5 (10 elements in 9 groups, including 1 aspherical element), Zoom button provided. Markings for 38mm, 70mm, 90mm, and 115mm focal lengths provided.
- Shutter: Electromagnetic programmed shutter and aperture. In auto mode and flash-on mode: EV 9 (f/3.8 at 1/40 sec.) – EV 18 (f/15 at 1/1200 sec.) at 38mm, and EV 13 (f/8.8 at 1/110 sec.) – EV 21 (f/36 at 1/1200 sec.) at 115mm. In slow-speed sync and flash-off mode: EV 3 (f/3.8 at 2 sec.) – EV 18 (f/15 at 1/1200 sec.) at 38mm, and EV 5.5 (f/8.5 at 2 sec.) – EV 21 (f/36 at 1/1200 sec.) at 115mm. In night mode: EV 2 (f/3.8 at 4 sec.) – EV 18 (f/15 at 1/1200 sec.) at 38mm, and EV 4.5 (f/8.5 at 4 sec.) EV 21 (f/36 at 1/1200 sec.) at 115mm. Real-time release provided.
- Viewfinder: Direct zoom viewfinder. 0.47x – 1.22x magnification and 84% coverage. Within the image area are the AF frames (for normal and close-up distances), parallax correction frame, panorama frame, OK-to-Shoot green LED (lights when focus is achieved; blinks for close-up warning, out-of-range macro warning, camera-shake warning, red-eye reduction lamp, and blinks twice per sec. for single-point focusing; and turns off during flash recycling). Panorama mode display appears on camera back LCD panel.
- EE: Composite SPC for full-auto program EE with 3-zone metering. Metering range of EV 2 – 21. Film speed range: ISO 25 – 3200 (with DX code).
- Built-in Flash: Fixed, built-in flash. Guide No. 14 (at ISO 100 in meters). Fires automatically in low-light and backlit conditions. Red-eye reduction lamp provided.
- Autodate Feature: Year, month, day; day, hour, minute; and 5 selectable captions (in four languages) can be imprinted with LED dot element for imprinting.
- Power Source: Two 3 V CR123A lithium batteries
- Film Loading & Advance: After opening camera back, align film leader at mark, then close the camera back for auto loading. Automatic film advance with built-in motor. Film advance speed: 1 fps. Silent mode provided.
- Frame Counter: Two-digit counter with 7-segment LCD.
- Film Rewind: Automatic rewind with built-in motor. Midroll rewind enabled.
- Dimensions & Weight: 130 x 70 x 60 mm, 350g