Yashica Zoomate 80 35mm film camera with case
Yashica Zoomate 80 35mm film camera with case
The Yashica Zoomate 80 is a basic but good quality 35mm film point-and-shoot from Kyocera in the late 1990s.
This camera requires two AA batteries (not included). The original case is included.
This camera was tested with batteries and a roll of film (the film was not developed). All modes are working correctly. We verified the lens' sharpness and the film plane focus accuracy on an autocollimator. The camera is very good aesthetic condition as well (see photos).
Here are some photos that other people have taken with this model of camera:
- 38-80mm Power Zoom Lens (6 Elements in 6 Groups): This super sharp Yashica coated lens system produces detailed photos with bright, beautiful colors. The quick touch zoom lever lets you go from 38mm wide angle to 80mm telephoto (or in between) in an instant.
- Ultra Compact Design: The Zoomate 80 is extremely small and lightweight, allowing it to fit into your pocket or purse. It measures only 4 7/8" W x 2 3/4" H x 1 7/8" D and weighs just 7 ounces.
- Auto Focus System: The Zoomate 80 utilizes an electronic infrared auto focus beam to ensure sharp, clear photos. The “Focus Lock” feature gives you additional creative control to recompose your pictures.
- Electronic Shutter with Automatic Exposure: The automatic programmed shutter of the Zoomate 80 creates a perfectly exposed photo in a wide variety of lighting conditions, with shutter speeds from 4.0 seconds to 1/250 of a second (EV5-EV16).
- Sophisticated Five Mode Flash System Auto Flash: Fires any time flash is required.
- Red Eye Reduction: Helps reduce annoying “red eyes”-provides more natural looking photos. Fill Flash: Allows you to “fill in” unwanted shadows or illuminate backlit subjects; Fill Flash w/Red Eye Reduction: Provides the combined benefits of “natural looking” eyes with the ability to “fill in”; Night Scene Mode: Night scene mode cancels the flash and allows longer exposure. This is useful where flash photography is not allowed, ie.: museums, theatres, concerts, etc; Advanced Red Eye Reduction System By incorporating Yashica’s advanced “Bright Bulb System” (BBS), the annoying “red eye” effect can be greatly minimized when photographing people with flash. The result is more natural looking eye color of your subject. Unlike other bright “pre-flash” systems, the “Bright Bulb System” doesn’t startle your subject or make them think the picture has already been taken.
- Fully Automatic, “Decision Free” Operation: The Zoomate 80 is fully automatic including film loading, advance to first frame, frame by frame advance and film rewind. A Mid-Roll rewind button allows you to rewind the film anywhere in the roll.
- Large EZ Viewfinder: An extra large, bright viewing area allows you to clearly see your subject and compose your picture. The viewfinder display includes framing and focus indications. Additionally, a green LED next to the display window provides focusing and flash confirmation.
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Information Center: Conveniently located on top of the camera is an easy to read LCD Information Center. It provides you with key information including number of exposures taken, self timer countdown, low battery warning, flash mode and infinity lock.
- Infinity Lock: This feature allows you to get perfectly focused pictures of scenery, even when shooting through windows.
- Auto Battery Shut Off System: When the camera or flash are accidentally left on for approximately 4 minutes, the camera automatically shuts itself off. This extends battery life and saves money.
- 10 Second Self Timer: A ten second quartz controlled electronic timer gives you time to get into the picture with your family and friends.
- Auto (DX) Film Speed Setting: The Zoomate 80 automatically sets the correct film speed, no matter what brand of film you select (ISO 100-800).
- Type: Fully Automatic 38-80mm power zoom lens shutter camera.
- Lens: 38-80mm f/4.9 to 9.4, 6 elements in 6 groups.
- Shutter: Programmed electronic shutter. Shutter speed range: 4 seconds to 1/250 second.
- Exposure Control: Programmed automatic exposure: EV 6 to EV 17(ISO 100).
- Film Speed Range: Automatic setting ISO range 100-800
- Light Metering: External, center weighted.
- Focusing System: Active infrared auto focus with focus lock.
- Focusing Range: 39" to infinity.
- Viewfinder: Extra large, albada type bright frame zoom, EZ viewfinder.
- LCD Display Panel: Exposure counter, flash mode, self-timer mark, battery warning mark, infinity mode.
- Film Winding: Auto loading and advance to first frame.
- Exposure Counter: LCD automatic resetting subtractive type.
- Self-Timer: Electronic with 10 second delay.
- Flash: Built-in flash with automatic flash mode, automatic flash with red eye reduction, fill flash, flash off, and Night Portrait.
- Flash Effective Range: 1.0m to 4.4m
- Battery: Two “AA” size alkaline batteries
- Dimensions: 4 7/8"W x 2 3/4"H x 1.7/8"D
- Weight: 7.4 ounces