Pentax Zoom 105-R 35mm camera
Pentax Zoom 105-R 35mm camera
The Pentax Zoom 105-R is one of the best zoom point-and-shoot 35mm film cameras of the early 90s. It's a very advanced camera with a large number of features that are handy for creative photography, including interval shooting; multiple exposure; and bulb modes.
This is an excellent camera with a superb lens and we'd recommend it to nearly anyone looking for a film point-and-shoot with a zoom lens with only one caution: it's a larger and heavier camera than average (see specs). The Zoom 105-R requires two CR123A lithium batteries (optional).
The camera's functions were tested with batteries and a roll of film (the film was not developed) and all modes are working correctly. The camera and included case are in very good aesthetic condition (see photos) with the only noteworthy flaw being some LCD bleed in the date imprinting window on the back of the camera.
Here are some photos that other people have taken with this model of camera:
and the nearly identical Zoom 105 Super: https://www.lomography.com/cameras/3347626-pentax-zoom-105-super/photos
- Type: 35 mm fully automatic leaf-shutter camera with built-in zoom lens.
- Film: 35 mm perforated DX-coded film with ISO rating from 25 to 3200 (EV1 step).
- 24 x 36 mm format.
- Film loading: Auto film loading. Closing rear lid will automatically wind film to first exposure.
- Film movement: Auto winding: single-frame advance mode;
- Consecutive Shooting mode (1.3 sec. interval between shots).
- Auto rewinding starts at end of roll. Auto stop upon completion of rewinding.
- With auxiliary rewind button, film roll can also be rewound in mid roll.
- Frame number: Automatic readout of successive frame numbers in ascending order when shooting, and descending order when rewinding.
- Pentax 38 to 105 mm, f/4 to f/7.8, power zoom lens (with Macro), 11 elements in 9 groups, angle 59° to 23.5°.
- Focusing system: Infrared active autofocusing with focus-lock.
- Range 1 35 m (4.4 ft) - * (infinity); 0.75 m (2.5 ft)
- 1.35 m (4.4 ft) in Macro; 0.45 m (1.5 ft) fixed in Super Macro.
- Zooming: 2 modes: Continuous Zoom and Step Zoom
- Shutter: Programmed AE electronic shutter; approx. 1 250 to 1 /3 sec., Bulb (112 sec to 60 min ); Bulb-Timer (1 to 60 sec ); electromagnetic release.
- Self-timer: Electronic red lamp indication. Approx. 10-sec. delay.
- Cancellation after activation is possible. Multi-frame self-timer can take up to 5 frames.
- Viewfinder: Actual image zoom viewfinder. 87% field-of-view ratio. Magnification 0.45X (38 mm position). 1.16X (105 mm position, 1 09X (Macro). 0.97X (Super Macro).
- Programmed auto-exposure, range (ISO100) in Auto mode: EV9 - EV16.5 (38 mm). EV11.5 ~ EV 16.5 (105 mm and Macro) Flash On and Flash Off: EV6 — 16.5 (38 mm), EV8 — 16.5 (105 mm and Macro)
- Exposure compensation: +3EV (0.5EV steps)
- Backlight compensation: +1.5EV compensation
- Multi-exposure: Possible
- Flash: Built-in zoom flash with red-eye reduction flash mode. Automatic low-luminance firing in Auto mode.
- Charging time — Approx. 3 sec. (using fresh lithium batteries at normal temperature)
- Interval shooting:
- Electronically controlled, started by pressing shutter release button.
- Power source: Two 3V lithium batteries (equivalent to CR123A).
- Size and weight: 143 5 (W) x 82.5 (H) x 66.5 (D) mm (5.6" x 3.2" x 2.6 j; 480 g (16 9 oz.| without batteries
- Accessory: Strap
- DATE model
- Data mechanism: Crystal quartz controlled; LCD with digital clock.
- Imprinting mode: "Year. Month and Day". Day. Hour and Minute" or blank.
- Size & weight: 143.5 (W| x 82 5 (H) x 68 5 (D) mm (5.6" x 3.2" x 2.7").
- 490 g 117.3 oz ) without batteries