Nikon L35AD2 35mm camera
Nikon L35AD2 35mm camera
The Nikon L35AD2 is the second camera in Nikon's legendary series of autofocus 80s point-and-shoots (following the L35AF). The camera is better known as the L35AF2 or One Touch (which are identical except that they lack the date imprinting option of the L35AFD).
The L35AD2's lens (35mm f/2.8, four elements in three groups) is very sharp. The viewfinder shows a needle and pictograms to let you know if the autofocus is being fooled. Locking focus (like when you want your subject to be to the side of the frame) is as simple as a half-press of the shutter.
The camera is powered by 2 AA batteries (not included). The original leatherette case is included.
The camera and lens are in excellent functional condition and very good aesthetic condition (see photos). We tested the camera with film. In our testing, the camera produced very sharp images with excellent contrast and accurate auto-focus.
- Type of Camera: 35mm compact camera with autofocus, auto exposure, auto pop-up flash, auto flash exposure, auto shutter lock, auto film loading, auto film speed setting, auto film advance, auto film rewind, auto film rewind stop and auto ready lens cover. Okay, Nikon, we get the idea... auto is cool.
- Film: Only DX-coded 35mm film from ISO 50 to ISO 1600, and non-DX-coded ISO 100 film. (All non-DX-coded films are automatically set to ISO 100)
- Picture Format: 24mm x 36mm
- Lens: Nikon lens 35mm f/2.8, four elements in three groups
- Shutter: Programmed electronic shutter; also serves as diaphragm blades
- Viewfinder: Reverse-Galilean Albada-type bright-frame viewfinder; 0.52X magnification; approx. 85% (at infinity) frame coverage; -1 dioptry
- Viewfinder Information: Picture frame marks, parallax compensation frame marks, autofocus frame marks, focus symbols and focus indicator needle
- Focusing: Active autofocus system (0.7m to infinity); focus locks when shutter release button is depressed halfway
- Exposure Metering: Using CdS, programmed automatic exposure control from EV 6 (f/2.8 at 1/8 sec.) to EV 17 (f/17.5 at 1/430 sec.) with ASA/ISO 100 film
- Film Speed Range: ASA/ISO 50 to 1600 (set automatically as described above)
- Film Loading: Film automatically advances to first frame when shutter release button is depressed once; film advance indicator pole rotates to show film is properly loading and being advanced
- Film Advance: Film automatically advances by one frame at 0.8 seconds per frame when shutter is released; stops automatically at end of roll
- Film Rewinding: Via sliding rewind lock switch and rewind button; approx. 20 sec. per 24-exposure roll; automatically stops when film is rewound
- Frame Counter: Additive type; automatically resents to "S" when camera back is opened; counts back while film is rewinding
- Self-Timer: Activated by setting lever and depressing shutter release button; 10-second delay with indicator light
- Built-In Flash: Automatic pop-up type with ready-light; guide number 10 (ASA/ISO 100, m), 16 (ASA/ISO 25, ft.); shutter locks if flash is not charged; recycling time approx. 6 sec.
- Battery Life: Approx. 100 rolls of 24-exposure film (without flash); approx. 10 rolls of 24-exposure film (with flash for each exposure); shutter release locks when batteries are exhausted
- Power Source: Two 1.5V alkaline-manganese AA-type batteries (NiCd batteries cannot be used)
- Dimensions: 125.5mm(W) x 73mm(H) x 48.5mm(D)
- Weight: Approx. 320g (without batteries)