Minolta XG-1n 35mm SLR with 50mm f1.7 lens
Minolta XG-1n 35mm SLR with 50mm f1.7 lens
The Minolta XG-1n is a manual focus 35mm SLR from the 1980s that features aperture-priority auto exposure. This camera includes a sharp and fast Minolta Rokkor X 50mm f1.7 lens.
This is an ideal camera for a person who shoots primarily in aperture-priority auto exposure. It's more basic than its much-lauded contemporary, the X-700, but a very capable camera nevertheless. The primary difference between XG-1n and the higher-end manual focus Minoltas is that it lacks a full metered manual mode (you can, however, meter in aperture-priority mode and then set you manual controls).
The XG-1n requires two LR44 or 357 batteries (optional).
We film tested this camera and lens combo and they delivered sharp, correctly exposed images. Both the camera and lens are in very good aesthetic (see photos) and functional condition.
If you choose '+ film' you'll also get a 24 exposure roll of Fujicolor 200 film. If you choose '+ batteries', you'll get a pair of 357 silver oxide cells.
- Type: 35mm single-lens reflex with automatic and full manual exposure control Lens mount: Minolta SLR bayonet, 54° rotating angle; coupling for full-aperture metering and automatic diaphragm control with Minolta MD and MC lenses (Standard lenses MD 50mm f/1.2, f/1.4, f/1.7 or f/2; see p. 47 for specifications)
- Auto exposure control: Special low-voltage, low-current computer circuit, actuated by contact or pressure on "touch switch" operating button, varies the shutter speed continuously and steplessly to yield proper exposure according to metering system indication at the aperture, film speed, and exposure adjustment set. Auto-exposure range: EV 2 to EV 17 (e.g., 1 /2 sec. at f/1.4 to 1 /1000sec. at f/11) at ASA 100 with f/1.4 lens
- Shutter: Horizontal-traverse focal-plane type; electronically controlled speeds: 1 /1000 to 1 sec., steplessly on automatic mode or in steps on manual mode Metering: Full-aperture TTL center-weighted averaging type, by two CdS cells mounted on either side of the eyepiece at the rear of the pentaprism
- Film speed range. ASA 25 to 1600 set on the shutter-speed/function selector Auto-exposure
- adjustment: Up to ±2 EV continuous adjustment of automatic exposure with 1/2 EV click-stops and lock at "A” (zero setting)
- Mirror: Oversize quick-return type
- Viewfinder: Eye-level fixed pentaprism type showing 93% of 24 x 36mm film-frame area
- Magnification: 0.87X with 50mm standard lens focused at infinity; Accute Matte-field focusing screen with central horizontally oriented split-image focusing spot surrounded by microprism band; stepless speeds indicated by 7 light-emitting diodes; LED over-/under-range indicators;
- LED at "60" position also blinks as flash-ready signal with the X-series Auto Electroflashes, manual-mode signal
- Flash sync: PC terminal and hot shoe for X-sync. (disconnect when unit not installed): Electronic (lash synchronizes at 1/60 sec. and slower step or stepless speeds; Class MF,M, FP flashbulbs synchronize at 1/15 sec. or slower speeds. Extra contact on hot shoe receivers signal from camera-control contact of the X-series Auto Electroflashes
- Film advance: Motorized: Through built-in coupler key with accessory Auto Winder G Manual By lever with single 130° stroke after 30° unengaged movement Film-advance release button for rewinding; advancing-type frame counter and Safe Load Signal that indicates film loading and advancing conditions Power; Two 1,5v alkaline-manganese (Eveready A-76 or equivalent) or 1,55v silver-oxide (Eveready EPX-76/S-76 or equivalent) cells power both auto exposure control and shutter's electronically governed operation
- LED battery check indicator lights when operating switch in battery check position
- Shutter will not release when voltage too low for proper operation Self-timer: Electronic, LED indicated types; approximately 10 sec. delay
- Other: 4-slot take-up spool; back cover with memo holder and ASA DIN conversion table;integral grip
- Size and weight: 52 x 89 x 138mm (2-1/16 x 3-1/2 x 5-7/16 in.)
- 500g (17-5/8 oz.) without Ions and power cells
- Accessories: Exclusive Auto Winder G, Auto Eloctroflash 320X, 200X, 132X and 118X, Remote Cord S 50cm (20-in.) and Remote Cord L 5m (16-ft,); MD, MC, Wireless Controller IR-1 Set and other interchangeable Minolta lenses and applicable Minolta SLR system accessories