GAF L-CS 35mm film SLR
GAF L-CS 35mm film SLR
Includes Auto-Soligor 50mm f1.8 lens.
The GAF L-CS is a nice solid 35mm SLR camera from the 1970s. It was made by the Japanese company Chinon (it was sold as the Chinon CS with different styling). The camera uses easy to find M42 screw-mount lenses (as used on Pentax Spotmatic and many other cameras). The included Auto-Soligor 50mm f1.8 is a nice sharp lens.
The camera is very easy to use: a switch on the side turns on a light meter reading and depth-of-field preview. Another thing I really like about it is how easy it is to do double/multiple exposures--there's a dedicated switch on the top of the camera.
The camera and lens were tested with film and performed very well. All shutters speeds are working correctly. The camera and lens are in good aesthetic condition as well (see photos).
If you choose '+ battery', a 675 zinc air cell will be installed; if you pick '+ battery & film', a 24-exposure roll of Fujicolor 200 film will also be included.
- Type: 35 mm single-lens reflex camera with behind-the-lens match needle exposure system
- Image Size: 24 mm x 36 mm
- Film: 35 mm film in standard magazine
- Lens mount: Screw mount with a thread diameter of 42 mm (Pentax and Practica type)
- Viewfinder: Pentaprism finder with Fresnel lens and microprism focusing spot
- Magnification: Using 55 mm lens, subject's apparent size in viewfinder is 92% of life size
- Mirror: Rapid-return type
- Shutter: Copal metal focal plane shutter with horizontal slit, vertical scanning
- Shutter Speeds: 1 second to 1/1000 second and B
- Exposure System: Through-the-lens metering, center-weighted averaging system utilizing two Cds cells
- Film speed range: ASA 10 to 1,600-11 t033 DIN
- Film and shutter wind: Single-stroke rapid-wind lever with 20 degree ready position and 134 degree operating swing Film frame counter: Automatically indicates number of exposures— returns to "S" (start) when camera back is opened
- Self timer: Variable delay to 8 seconds
- Film rewind: Folding crank type Accessory shoe: Standard accessory shoe equipped with electronic contact (so called 'hot shoe") for X synchronization *Flash Sync: 'Hot shoe" plus and "X' PC. outlets— 'X" sync at 1/125 second or slower shutter speed
- Multiple exposures: Double or multiple exposures are possible with simple lever setting — lever automatically returns to single-exposure mode to prevent accidental double exposures
- Power source: 1.35 volt mercury battery (Mallory PX 625 or equivalent)
- Battery tester: Button-actuated: green light above viewfinder image indicates battery condition
- Dimensions (body only): Width 149 mm (5 7/8 in.) Height 95 mm (3 3/4 in.) Depth 65 mm (2 1/4 in.) Weight (body only): 850 gr. (30 oz)