Canon Sprint 35mm camera with case
Canon Sprint 35mm camera with case
The Canon Sprint is a very compact, simple and good quality 35mm camera from 1985. It was called the Autoboy Lite in Japan and the AF35J in other countries.
This camera requires 2 AAA batteries (not included).
Here's the description from the Canon Museum:
"Fully automatic 35mm camera using a near-infrared beam for autofocusing. Manual focusing of close-up subjects as near as 45 cm is also possible. The viewfinder displays information such as parallax correction marks for close-ups.
The exposure and aperture are controlled electronically with a program. There is no self-timer. The camera came in two colors: Black and red."
We tested this camera with batteries and film installed; we did not develop the film but we did compare and verify it was reacting to light in the same manner as another Canon Sprint that we did fully film test. All features are working correctly. The camera is in very good aesthetic condition (see photos). A Canon case is included.
Here are some pictures that other people have taken with this model of camera to give you an idea of its image quality: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lianarosephoto/albums/72157627504750992
Canon Museum entry
- TYPE: 35mm lens-shutter camera with automatic film advance, automatic film rewind, automatic exposure and autofocus.
- FORMAT: 24 x 36mm
- LENS: Canon lens. 35mm f/3.5, 3-group, 3-element.
- LENS COVER: Open position: shooting is possible. Closed position: shooting is impossible.
- FOCUSING: Normal photography: Active autofocus. Close-up photography: Fixed at 0.69m (2.3ft.)
- SHOOTING DISTANCE RANGE: Normal photography: 0.95m (3.1ft.) to infinity. Close-up photography: 0.45m (1.5ft.) to 1.1m (3.6 ft.)
- SHUTTER: Programmed electromagnetic shutter; also serves as diaphragm blades.
- VIEWFINDER: Albada type Reverse Galilean finder, magnification: 0.45X. Information display: Autofocus spot, Picture frame (with 0.45m close-up correction marks), Battery check/Use flash lamp (red LED), In-focus/Use close-up lamp (green LED).
- CLOSE-UP: Used with flash and set with the close-up setting switch.
- FOCUS LOCK: Press the shutter button down halfway and focus. Focus lock will be engaged and you can recompose the picture keeping the original focus. Releasing the shutter button (taking finger off) clears focus lock.
- FILM LOADING: Automatic film loading by aligning leader with positioning mark.
- FILM WINDING: Automatic
- FILM REWINDING: Rewind starts automatically at end of film, stops automatically when rewind is complete.
- BACK COVER: Opened by pressing back cover latch.
- FRAME COUNTER: Additive type; automatically resets to “S” by opening back cover. Counts back with film rewind. Also serves to confirm correct film loading.
- FILM SPEED: DX code sensor automatically sets film speed to ISO 100 or 400.
- AUTOMATIC EXPOSURE
- COUPLING RANGE: EV9-15 (ISO 100). BUILT-IN FLASH: Horizontal sliding type, turned on by sliding flash out. GUIDE NUMBER: 9 (ISO 100-meters).
- AUTO FLASH SHOOTING DISTANCE RANGE:
- 0.95-4.0m (3.1-13.1ft.) with ISO 100 negative film, 0.95-8.0m (3.1-26.3ft.) with ISO 400 negative film.
- FLASH RECYCLING TIME: 8 sec. or less (interval between firing of flash and relighting of flash-ready lamp) with new alkaline batteries.
- BATTERY LIFE: With new alkaline batteries at normal temperatures: without flash, approximately 50 rolls of 24-exp. film. Using flash for each exposure, approximately 5 rolls of 24-exp. film.
- POWER SOURCE: Two size-AAA alkaline batteries (LR03, 3V). Ni-Cd batteries cannot be used.
- DIMENSIONS: 123 (W)x68.7 (H)x44.5 (D) mm (4-13/16" x 2-11/16" x 1-3/4") WEIGHT: 250g (8-13/16 ozs.) including batteries