Minolta X-700 35mm SLR w/ Rokkor 50mm f1.7 lens
Regular price $235.00
The Minolta X-700 is among the most enduringly popular of all 35mm film SLRs. It was introduced in 1981 to wide acclaim (it won 'European Camera of the Year') and was only discontinued in 1999.
When using an X-700 it's easy to see what all the fuss was/is about: It's well appointed with features (including a very good Program auto exposure mode) but elegantly designed and very easy to use.
The camera requires two LR44 alkaline or 357 silver oxide batteries (available as an option).
This camera is in very good aesthetic and functional condition. The included Minolta Rokkor-X 50mm f1.7 lens is also in very good condition (see photos). It includes a very nice yellow neck strap. The camera and lens were tested with film and delivered sharp, correctly exposed photos.
- Type: Electronically governed 35mm single-lens reflex AE camera
- Exposure-control modes: Fully programmed ("P"), aperture-priority automatic ("A"), and metered manual ("M")
- Lens mount: Minolta SLR bayonet of integrally lubricated stainless steel (54° rotating angle); coupling for full-aperture metering, finder display input, and automatic diaphragm control, providing programmed or aperture-priority auto operation with Minolta MD lenses, aperture-priority auto operation with MC and other Minolta SLR interchangeable lenses/accessories; spring-return button for depth-of-field preview or stop-down meter readings with other than MD or MC lenses (standard lenses: MD 50mm f/1.2, f/1.4, f/1.7)
- Exposure control and functions: Low-voltage, low-current computer circuit incorporating quartz crystal for sequential control to 1/30,000-sec. accuracy, large-scale ICs, samarium-cobalt impulse-release magnets, and linear-resistance inputs) varies both aperture and shutter speed steplessly according to special "faster-speed" program (see p. 30) in P mode, or varies shutter speed steplessly according to aperture set in A mode, to yield proper exposure for the film speed and exposure adjustment set; auto-exposure range: EV 1 to EV 18 (e.g., 1 sec. at f/1.4 to 1/1000 at f/16) at ISO 100/21° with f/1.4 lens; AE-lock device holds meter reading for exposure at that value regardless of subject-brightness changes
- Shutter: Horizontal-traverse focal-plane type; electronically controlled stepless speeds 1/1000 to 4 sec. set automatically with endlessly rotatable selector dial locked at "P" or "A" setting or fixed speeds 1 to 1/1000 sec. or "B" (bulb) set manually at detented dial indications; electromagnetic shutter release locks when voltage too low for proper operation
- Metering: TTL center-weighted averaging type, by silicon photocell mounted at rear of pentaprism for available light, measured full aperture for normal finder display, then at taking aperture for pro-grammed/automatic-exposure setting/determination or stop-down display; by another SPC mounted with optic in side of mirror compartment for TTL off-film Direct Autoflash Metering at taking aperture during exposure to control burst duration of PX-series flash units
- Film-speed range: ISO 25/15° to 1600/33“ set by
- ASA dial that locks at 1/3-EV increments
- Exposure-adjustment control: Up to ±2 EV continuous adjustment of P, A, or M exposure by dial that locks at zero position and each 1/2-EV setting
- Mirror: Triple-coated oversize instant-return slide-up type
- Viewfinder: Eye-level fixed pentaprism type showing 95% of 24x36mm film-frame area; magnification: 0.9X with 50mm standard lens focused at infinity; power: — 1D, adjustable with accessory snap-on eyepiece lenses; Fresnel-field focusing screen having artificially regular-patterned matte field plus central splitimage horizontally oriented focusing aid surrounded by microprism band, interchangeable with Type P1, P2, Pd, M, G, L, S, or H screens at authorized Minolta service stations; visible around frame: mode indication (P, A, or M), shutter-speed scale (1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60, 125, 250, 500, and 1000) with LED setting indication, triangular over-/under-range LED indicators blinking at 4Hz, flash-ready signal (LED next to "60" blinking at 2Hz), FDC signal ("60" LED blinking at 8Hz for 1 sec. after correct flash exposure), mis-set lens warning (mode indication blinking at 4Hz) in P mode, battery check (by glowing of any LED when operating button touched or pressed slightly), f-number set with MD or MC lenses, and exposure-adjustment engaged indication (LED blinking at 4Hz); display and metering activated by normal finger contact or slight pressing of operating button and continue for 15 sec., except go out after shutter release
- Flash sync and control: Hot shoe and PC terminal for X sync; camera-control contact on hot shoe for flashready signaling and automatic setting of shutter at 1/60 sec. (except when mode/shutter-speed selector set for sync at "B") with PX and X flash units; other electronic units synchronize at 1/60 sec. and slower manual speeds or "B” setting; Class MF, M, and FP flashbulbs, at 1/15 sec. or slower settings; second contact on hot shoe for burst control by Direct Autoflash Metering with PX units
- Film advance: Manual: by lever with single 130° stroke after 30° unengaged movement; motorized: through built-in coupler key with accessory Motor Drive 1 or Auto Winder G; release button for rewind on camera bottom; advancing-type frame counter; Safe Load Signal indicates film loading and advancing condition
- Power: Two 1.5v alkaline-manganese (LR44: Eveready A-76 or equiv.), two 1,55v silver-oxide (SR44: Eveready S-76, EPX-76, or equiv.), or one 3v lithium (CR-1/3N) cell(s) contained in camera base power both programmed/auto exposure control and manual operation; three-position main switch with indication for off, on, or on with audible piezoelectric slow-speed warning and self-timer operating indication; battery check by touching or slightly pressing operating button (LEDs do not light when cells approach exhaustion); shutter will not release when voltage too low for proper operation
- Self-timer: Electronic for 10-sec. delay, with operation indicated by camera-front LED that blinks at 2Hz for 8 sec., then 8Hz for 1 sec., then remains on until shutter releases, plus simultaneous audible indication when main switch in appropriate position; engaged by switch on body, cycle started by pushing operating button, cancelable anytime before release
- Other: Audible 4Hz piezoelectric warning when finder speed indication is 1/30 sec. or slower whenever finger contacts "touch switch" normally or presses operating button slightly with main switch appropriately set; integral front handgrip; detachable back with integral handgrip, memo holder, and ISO (DIN-ASA) table; positive 4-slot take-up spool; remote shutter-release socket
- Size and weight: 51.5 x 89 x 137mm (2 x 3-1/2 x 5-3/8 in.), 505g (17-13/16 oz.) without lens and/or power cells
- Standard accessories: Carrying strap with slide-on spare battery holder and eyepiece cap
- Optional accessories: Auto Electroflash 360PX, 280PX, 132PX, Macro 80PX Set, off-camera cables and connectors. Power Grip 2, etc.; Multi-Function Back, Quartz Data Back 1; Motor Drive 1, Auto Winder G; Wireless Controller IR-1 Set; MD, MC, and other Minolta interchangeable lenses and applicable Minolta SLR system accessories